Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sore Fingers

I've got two projects on the go right now, one where I am crocheting and one where I am using my sewing machine.

I'm crocheting a baby blanket for my friend T. It's a purple and white yarn and I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I'm determined to finish it by this Sunday. I only started it last Sunday night but I'm sure with more than a few hours of working on it this weekend I should reach my goal. It's a really simple crochet and chain patter which I love because it's totally brainless.

I'm also working on some receiving blankets with my sewing machine which has been more than a little frustrating. There are some days where it seems to work perfectly and other days when I can't get it to hold a stitch. Part of it has been me learning how to use the machine properly. For about a month I couldn't get it to work because I had the needle threaded backwards. duh. My mother in law showed me how to make these blankets and the're easy peasy.

The one thing I have noticed since I started the crocheting on Sunday, my fingers are sore as all hell. It's part that I'm probably not holding my hands properly and part because I'm getting used to doing it for more than a short period of time again.

Lola

No comments: